|Images from last year...
1300 797 546
- Entries closed on Midnight, Fri 17th Feb 2012.
- The winners were announced on Fri 16th Mar 2012
- Voting for your favourite image CLOSED ON Midnight, Thu 12th Apr 2012.
- This years competition and exhibition is now closed. A big thank-you to all entrants, sponsors and supporters for yet another fantastic year of Pure Genius!
Every person who enters the competition receives:
- Automatic entry into the draw to win one of two magazine subsscriptions from Better Digital Magazine and Better Photography Magazine (one entry per person) valued at approx. $50
- A 15% off Genius Printing voucher to use within the next 6 months (one voucher per person)
Exhibition competition winners - Winner Gift Bag valued at $200
- $50 Genius Printing voucher
- Award plaque
- Nik Software Dfine 2.0, valued at $80
- Better Digital Magazine OR Better Photography Magazine
- Opportunity to win one of three 'favourite' prizes as outlined below
- 2BG USB stick containing all Genius Printing ICC colour profiles
- Other prizes to be announced shortly
Audience Favourite Prize - 'Online' category and 'Opening Night' category - $100 worth of prizes
After the announcement of the winners, your work will be displayed in our online gallery where anyone can vote on their favourite artwork. Also, at the opening night party, everyone attending will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite piece. On the night, the votes from both the online gallery and opening night will be tallied and the 'Audience Favourite' winner announced. Each winner of the 'Audience Favourite award will receive:
One person can not win both the 'Audience Favourite - Opening Night' and 'Audience Favourite - Online' prize.
- Spyder3 Express display calibration hardware valued at $175
- Epson Artisan 725 Printer, valued at $180
- Creative Photo Workshop voucher, valued at $250
- Mention on our Facebook fan page
- Other prizes to be announced shortly
Judges Favourite Prize
Exhibition competition winners - 2 week exhibition valued at $1,000
There will be 50 winning entries of this competition that will be part of a 2 week group exhibition. Prize details are:
- Your work exhibited in a group exhibition of 50 winners. The exhibition is held at one of the foremost galleries in Melbourne, and runs for two weeks.
- Genius Printing is embarking on a marketing campaign to ensure maximum exposure for all participating artists. 20,000+ mailing list of art lovers and photographers, 15,000 invitations around Melbourne, Advertising on the Genius Printing website / blog / Facebook page, Advertising on the Brunswick Street Gallery home page, ads in various magazines, and lots lots more!
- FREE printing of your artwork for the exhibition valued at anything up to approximately a 60" x 40" product
- Your biography and contact details listed in the printed exhibition guide available to everyone over the course of the exhibition
- Your biography, contact details and link to your site (if relevant) listed on the winners section of our website
- 100 printed postcards of your artwork available for free throughout the exhibition valued at approx. $50
- Your work promoted through various media and made available for sale at the price you want (excluding printing costs and gallery commission)
- Your image exhibited in our online image gallery with link to your site (if applicable) where anyone can purchase the work
- Your image exhibited in our online 'Audience Favourite' prize. Anyone can vote for their favourite artwork. with the 'Audience Favourite' winner receiving a prize (detailed below)
- Your image part of the opening night 'Audience Favourite' prize. Anyone can vote for their favourite artwork. The winning artist, announced on the night receives an award and prizes (detailed below)
- VIP invitation to the opening night party where you can meet other photographers and the general public to talk about your work
- Well known photographers and digital artists will be there at the opening night
- Possibility for inclusion in the local press and other media coverage